Hi Blog. Well, I was trying to get some new spindles on here and I have them all done. One of them ended up in an unfortunate accident : ). My husband thought it looked like Harry Potter's wand and was waving it about until he whacked it into the table and broke it! Then he had to go down to the dungeon workshop and fix it! Seems like it fixed up pretty well, as it is spinning nicely again. I was going to list them last night, but we had our first batch of baby bunnies! The mom did really good, but it took her a while and made me fairly nervous!
Anyway, here are some pics. The spindles are mostly french this week, as I was still testing out that design. The birdseye ones seem to spin really well, and I am having fun with the inlay. The other one is based upon an antique one that I have. I made it up of 4 pieces of junk wood that we had around, and did a small inlay too. The Victorian spindle is a really cool piece of redheart that was plain brown until I started turning it and then it popped out in a lovely red.
The bunnies are english angora babies. The mom is a harlequin and the dad is a lilac tort. No clue how she will be at taking care of them, as this is her first batch, but so far so good.




No comments:
Post a Comment